Serves: 4 people (depending on how hungry you are)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes (optional 30 minutes extra)
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 bananas – chopped
- 75g caster sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time.
- When you are ready to cook, heat the frying pan to a medium heat with a tablespoon of oil.
- Ladle a spoonful onto the pan and swirl to spread out the mixture.
- Cook until you see bubbles coming up and the crêpe can moving freely in the pan.
- Flip the crêpe and cook on the other side.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven until you have used up all the batter.
To make the caramelised banana:
- In a frying pan, heat the sugar over a medium heat, after about 1-2 minutes the sugar will start to caramelise around the edges of the pan.
- Stir the sugar with a wooden spoon until the sugar has changed to a golden amber colour, continue cooking but be careful not to burn it or yourself.
- Add the bananas, cook for 1-2 minutes and then turn over, the bananas should have taken on the caramel colour.
Serve your lovely warm crêpes with melted chocolate and caramelised bananas. Enjoy!
- After making the mixture, leave aside for 30 minutes to help thicken the mixture.
- Keep warm in the oven while you finish the rest of the batter.
- Serve with whatever you enjoy the most, i.e fruit, cream, syrup, chocolate or bacon.