Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Garlic Clove- finely chopped
- 1 Shallot- finely diced
- 1kg Mussels- scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- Coriander- handful chopped
- Scrub the mussels and pull off the beards that come out of the shell.
- Tap on the open mussels. If they don’t close then throw them out.
- Add olive oil to the saucepan on a medium, low heat.
- Fry the shallots and garlic until softened.
- Add the white wine and salt.
- Turn the heat up and add the mussels to the pot.
- Put the lid on and cook for 3/4 minutes or until all the mussels are open.
- Remove the mussels from the pot and cook your sauce for a further minute.
- Discard any mussels that are not open.
- Split the mussels between two bowls. Pour the wine sauce over both.
- Garnish with coriander.
Serve with warm crusty bread, thin crispy fries and a glass of white wine. Enjoy!