Rich gooey chocolate olive oil cake is exactly what you are looking for. It’s the perfect birthday or celebration cake. It’s easy to make, with very few ingredients needed. The best part is because it is rich in flavor, you only need a small slice to fill you.
In order to get the best flavor, use good quality cocoa and vanilla extract for your chocolate cake to really shine.
Serve it with some pistachio ice-cream and the party is complete.
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- 225 g Plain Flour sieved
- 350 g Caster Sugar
- 85 g Cocoa Powder sieved
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder sieved
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda sieved
- 2 large Eggs
- 250 ml Full Fat Milk
- 125 ml Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 250 ml Boiling Water
- 300 g Plain Chocolate roughly chopped
- 300 ml Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease and line two sandwich tins. Because the mixture will be quite wet, make sure you use sandwich tins and not springform cake tins so it doesn't leak.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and add all the rest of the ingredients except the water. Mix well.
- Add the water to the mixture, a little at a time until completely smooth.
- Divide the cake mixture between the two tins and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is firm to touch and a skewer or knife comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool completely in their tins.
- In order to make the icing, heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove it from the heat and whisk the mixture until smooth, thick and glossy.
- Let it cool until it gets thick enough to spread over the cake.
Assembling the Cake
- Carefully remove the cakes from the tins.
- Place one cake on your cake tray and cover in icing.
- Place the second cake on top and use the rest of the icing to cover the cake fully.
- Decorate with chocolate curls and serve with a large helping of ice-cream or cream.