Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Warm Chocolate Sauce:
- 150ml Single Cream
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 100g Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g Butter
- 4 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 32g Caster Sugar + 2 tablespoons for the ramekins
- 116g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Double Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 4 Egg Whites
- Icing Sugar, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200c/fan 180c. Place a baking tray on the bottom shelf of the oven. Have everything measured out and ready to go before starting. The process moves quickly.
- To make the sauce, heat the cream and sugar until boiling. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate and butter until melted. Keep warm.
- Brush the 2 ramekins with melted butter and sprinkle with caster sugar to coat. Empty out any loose sugar. Place the ramekins into the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Once cool add in the egg yolks and mix.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape, then add the sugar slowly.
- Mix a spoonful into the chocolate to loosen the mixture, then gently fold in the rest.
- Now work quickly and fill the ramekins to the top. Wipe the rims clean and run your thumb around the edges to prevent any of the mixture from catching and preventing it from rising.
- Place the ramekins into the oven and bake for 8- 10 minutes until risen with a slight wobble. Do not open the door until you think that they are done as it may cause them to collapse.
- Once ready, dust with icing sugar and serve straight away.
Serve your chocolate soufflé with warm chocolate sauce and a creamy pistachio ice cream.