Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 Chicken Thighs
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced
- 150g Orzo Pasta
- 1 packet Chicken stock
- 500 ml Boiling Water
- 50 ml White wine
- 50g Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- Freshly Grated Lemon
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Put them in the oven on 180c for 25/ 30 mins or until juices run clear.
- Mix the chicken stock with water in a pot and simmer. Keep warm.
- Put the oil, shallots, garlic and butter in the pan and fry for 5 mins on a medium heat.
- Add in the orzo and coat with the mixture and cook for another 5 mins.
- Ladle the warm chicken stock into the pan a little at a time. Allow the orzo to absorb fully before putting in more.
- You want the pasta to be creamy but also keep its bite.
- Add in the wine and cook until absorbed.
- When the pasta is done it should still be al dente but creamy.
- If you need more liquid then use some water.
- Add in cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and season.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the orzo into a bowl and slice the chicken thigh in half and place on top. Remove the bone before serving.
- Garnish with basil and serve.