Over the years we have experimented with lots of different types of hummus recipes. Until finally we got to the perfect recipe for us. This is the perfect creamy hummus for a side dish in a dinner party. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Beautiful Creamy Hummus
- 400 g Chickpeas drained
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 80 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 Lemon juiced and zested
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- Wash the can of chickpeas thoroughly and put them in a pot with boiling water and 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Keep a few chickpeas for decorations.
- Boil for 10 minutes. This will help loosen the skin on the chickpeas.
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander and shake to remove the skins.
- Place the skinless chickpeas in the blender with the garlic, lemon, tahini and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil until you get the desired consistency. I think hummus should to be thick and creamy in order to eat it with crudités and breads.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl and top with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with some cumin, paprika and some solid chickpeas.
- Some people prefer more garlic and tahini, some prefer less. Make the hummus to your own preference. I personally like garlic and tahini so I add more.
- Try it with different breads such as a nice soft white bread.