Garlic and Chilli Prawns are my go-to starter for a dinner party. Especially when served with a glass of wine and warm bread to mop up the juices. It is a very healthy meal to have if you are trying keep fit and are health conscious. However, they are mostly eaten as part of tapas which originate from Spain. But it’s also a super quick meal to prepare and impress your friends and family as a starter or snack.
Garlic & Chilli Prawns
- 180 grams Prawns
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Red Chilli
- 20 ml Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch Salt
- A few sprigs Parsley or dried if that's all you have
- 1 medium Lemon
- If the shells are still on, peel them and remove the heads and tails. Run your knife along the back of the shell and remove the dark intestinal line.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Finely chop the chilli. Remove the seeds if you don't want it too hot.
- If you have fresh parsley, pick, wash and chop the leaves.
- Heat your pan to medium high heat, add in the garlic and chilli and cook for one minute, then add in the smoked paprika.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and turned pink.
- Once you turn the prawns over, add in the parsley and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon.
- Remove from the heat, taste and season with salt.
- Serve the sizzling prawns with warm crusty bread. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges for squeezing over the top.
- Enjoy with a lovely glass of white wine.