Asparagus with crab and a poached duck egg is the perfect light meal. Whether you have it as starter or weekend brunch. It’s especially lovely serving it with a creamy homemade mayonnaise.
Asparagus with Crab and a Poached Duck Egg
- 10 tips Asparagus washed and trimmed
- 70 grams Cooked Crab
- 2 medium Duck Eggs
- 20 grams Parmigiano Reggiano
- 20 grams Serrano Ham
- 2 large Egg Yolks room temperature
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 250 ml Rapeseed Oil
- Pinch Salt to season
- Splash Lemon Juice
- Whisk the yolks with the vinegar and mustard. Once whisked, add the oil very slowly whilst whisking vigorously. Once the mayonnaise has thickened, add in salt and lemon juice. Taste and season more if you want. Store in the fridge for a maximum of two days.
- Wash and trim the asparagus. Cut them to the same length.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add some salt. Cook the asparagus for 6 minutes or until cooked. You can check with a knife. Season and keep warm.
Poached Duck Egg
- Bring another pot of water to the boil. Add some salt and a drizzle of oil. Once boiling, crack the egg into a cup and slowly drop the egg into the the pan.
- Poach for 5/6 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Remove cooked crab from the packet and check for any hidden shells. Mix with some of your homemade mayonnaise. Taste and season.
- Crisp up the serrano ham by putting in on a tray and in the oven for 2/3 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, place the asparagus onto the plate, the crab and then the poached egg on top. Place dots of mayonnaise around the plate and add parmigiana Reggiano and serrano ham. Enjoy!