Try these yummy easy blini’s with smoked salmon and crème fraîche. The perfect canape for any party. What could possibly be better than a selection of small little snacks or tapas to relax with while having a glass of wine.
The blini’s are warm and fluffy and work really well with the toppings. Once you’re comfortable making them you could also try a variety of toppings or try making them with different flours.
If you like these check out spicy chicken wings that are perfect for family and friends.
Blini’s with Smoked Salmon
- 400 grams Plain Flour Sieved
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 800 milliliters Full Fat Milk warmed
- 50 milliliters Double Cream
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 50 milliliters Olive Oil for cooking
- 250 grams Creme Fraiche
- 15 grams Capers
- 350 grams Smoked Salmon
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, baking soda and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Warm the milk in a saucepan.
- Combine the milk with the cream, beaten eggs and melted butter.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and combine well. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes to settle and thicken.
- Heat olive oil in the frying pan over a medium low heat and add one tablespoon of the mixture at a time.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and flip over. This should take only a few minutes.
- Leave to rest on paper towels in a warm oven.
- Combine the crème fraiche and the rest of the lemon zest and mix well.
- When everything is ready then you can plate up. Place the blini's on the plate and top with the crème fraiche, capers and smoked salmon and a sprinkle of black pepper.