Everyday can be Taco Tuesday with this quick and easy beef recipe. The next time that you are wondering where the nearest tacos are, give yourself a few minutes to create a family favorite. This is one of the best recipes for using lean beef so you can kick back on the couch with some friends and enjoy eating tacos while watching the game.
Authentic Mexican tacos are made with sliced or cubed beef marinated in a traditional spice mix, which are then served in a fresh corn tortilla. If you get the opportunity try a birria taco or al pastor taco as well.
The most common type of tacos outside of Mexico are made from ground beef. The beef is mixed with ground spices and served with salsa and fresh salad. They may not be authentic but they are still absolutely delicious! Restaurant chains like Taco Bell have been around since the sixties, increasing their popularity.
Whether you get your tacos from your favorite taquería or you make them at home, make them the perfect taco for you and your family.
Healthy Alternatives for your Easy Beef Taco Recipe
- Use chicken breasts or white fish fillets cut into thin strips for your tacos. They contain less saturated fats than beef. Rub them in the spice mix and grill or fry them quickly.
- Wrap your taco in a lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla wrap.
- Use natural yogurt instead of sour cream or crème fraiche. You could stir in some lime zest to give it a fresh and zingy flavor.
- Use lean ground beef or a lean flank steak that has a lower fat content.
What food do you match your Easy Beef Taco Recipe with?
If you are having beef tacos as your main meal try pairing them with something lighter as an appetizer such as chili prawns.
To wash it all down, for drinks, try beer, margaritas or sip on a traditional mezcal.
Store the cooled cooked beef mixture in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days. Realistically you won’t have any left to store. Happy eating!
Serve with a fresh salad like crispy lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and a wedge of lime. Spoon over some guacamole and sour cream, sprinkle with shredded cheese and you’re all set to go.
Quick and Easy Beef Tacos
- 450 g Ground Beef
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 240 ml Tomato Sauce (Passata)
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Paste
- 70 ml Water
- 10 soft Tortillas or hard shells
- 4 Limes wedges for serving
Taco Toppings: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Shredded Cheese, Cilantro, Sour Cream, Lime juice etc.
- Place a large skillet or frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the ground beef in the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add in the smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, oregano and salt to the meat. Stir well.
- Continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a medium low heat. Add the chipotle paste, tomato sauce and water. Stir well to combine.
- Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, until the liquid is reduced and the meat is fully cooked through. Don't allow the meat to overcook or dry out.
- Place your soft tortillas in the oven for a minute or two until warmed through.
- Serve straight away. One plate with the warm tortillas and one bowl with the beef mixture. Everyone can help themselves and add whichever toppings they prefer.
- Place extra toppings in small bowls or on a large plate. Toppings such as shredded lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream and guacamole.