What could be easier than freshly cooked crêpes with caramelized banana. A big family favorite and perfect on a Sunday morning. Serve a big stack of crepes with fresh fruit, caramelized fruits, cream and chocolate sauce. If you are more into savory crepes then serve with crispy bacon. If you are looking for more family favorites then try some buffalo chicken wings for your Saturday night in.
Easy Crêpes with Caramelized Banana
- 100 g Plain Flour sieved
- 2 large Eggs
- 300 ml Full Fat Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil for cooking
- 3 large Bananas cut into 1 inch slices
- 75 g Caster Sugar
- Chocolate Sauce to drizzle
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time.
- When you are ready to cook, heat the frying pan to a medium heat with a small amount of oil.
- Ladle a spoonful of the batter onto the pan and swirl to spread out the mixture.
- Cook until you see bubbles coming up and the crêpe can moving freely in the pan.
- Carefully flip the crêpe and cook on the other side.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven until you have used up all the batter.
- In a frying pan, heat the sugar over a medium heat, after about 1-2 minutes the sugar will start to caramelize around the edges of the pan.
- Once the sugar has changed to a golden amber color, add the bananas, cook for 1-2 minutes and then turn over, the bananas should have taken on the caramel color.
- Serve your lovely warm crêpes with melted chocolate and caramelized bananas. Enjoy!
- After making the batter, leave aside for 30 minutes to help thicken the mixture.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven while you finish the rest of the batter.
- Serve with whatever you enjoy the most, i.e. fruit, cream, syrup, chocolate or if you prefer savory then try maple syrup and crispy bacon.