Garlic and chili prawns are my go-to starter for a dinner party. Especially when served with a glass of wine and warm bread to mop up the juices.
They are super nutritious to have if you are trying to keep fit and healthy. But they are also a very quick and easy meal to prepare.
If you like quick, easy and healthy meals then try the best one pot chicken cacciatore.
Garlic & Chilli Prawns
- 180 grams Prawns
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Red Chilli
- 20 ml Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch Salt
- A few sprigs Parsley or dried if that's all you have
- 1 medium Lemon
- If the shells are still on, peel them and remove the heads and tails. Run your knife along the back of the shell and remove the dark intestinal line.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Finely chop the chilli. Remove the seeds if you don't want it too hot.
- If you have fresh parsley, pick, wash and chop the leaves.
- Heat your pan to medium high heat, add in the garlic and chilli and cook for one minute, then add in the smoked paprika.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and turned pink.
- Once you turn the prawns over, add in the parsley and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon.
- Remove from the heat, taste and season with salt.
- Serve the sizzling prawns with warm crusty bread. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges for squeezing over the top.
- Enjoy with a lovely glass of white wine.