Seared Scallops, Black Pudding and Pea Puree are a classic combination. As well as being healthy for the family, it’s a perfect meal to make when you are in a hurry.
If you are a fan of seafood, why not try asparagus with crab and a poached duck egg.
Seared Scallops, Black Pudding & Pea Puree
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 small Scallops dry with kitchen towel
- 10 grams Butter
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 10 g Chorizo skin removed
- 2 slices Black Pudding 2cm slices
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 10 grams Shallots diced finely
- 300 grams Frozen Peas
- 100 ml Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Sweat the shallots in the pan until soft but not brown.
- Add the peas, milk and salt and simmer for 8/10 minutes. Make sure it doesn't boil.
- Pour the pea mixture into a blender. Blitz for 2 minutes until very smooth. If the mixture is too thick add some more milk. The goal is to have a smooth pea puree that holds its shape.
Chorizo & Black Pudding
- Cut the chorizo into small cubes. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium hot pan. Fry the chorizo until they are crispy. Set aside.
- Slice two circles of black pudding and add them to the same pan. Cook for a 2/3 minutes on each side until crispy. Set aside.
- Heat a clean non stick pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour in the last of the olive oil.
- Add the scallops and cook until golden on one side. This should take around 2 minutes.
- Turn them over, add the butter, season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Spoon the pea puree onto the plate. Add the black pudding then the scallops. Sprinkle with the crispy chorizo cubes. I hope you enjoy eating it as much as I enjoyed making it.