Traditional creamy risotto is a classic Italian dish that uses Arborio rice. It uses the starch from the rice to make it creamy and decadent. You should treat risotto rice like a sponge for great flavors. This is a traditional risotto that has a nice white wine and a tasty cheese. Try other ingredients in your risottos, such as a traditional mushroom risotto or creamy Italian saffron risotto. If you like meals that give you a warm cozy feeling then try out this oxtail stew with homemade crusty white bread.
Traditional Creamy Risotto
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Shallot finely diced
- 1 large Garlic Clove finely minced
- 160 grams Arborio Rice
- 50 ml White Wine
- 45 grams Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Start off with heating the stock in a saucepan. Keep it simmering while you cook the risotto.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the shallots and garlic. Continuously stir until the shallots are translucent, about 4/5 minutes. Don't let them brown.
- Stir the rice in and gently toast it for three minutes on a medium/high heat.
- Add the wine and stir until fully absorbed. Then add a ladle full of stock to the rice, stirring constantly until its absorbed. Continue adding stock a ladle at a time and stirring until its absorbed.
- When the rice is done, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until the cheese is melted and shiny. Serve!