How do you greet a guest to a party? Welcome them in, offer them canapes and offer them a cocktail. But what canapes go with what cocktails? Would you prefer to have a selection of cocktails or a signature house cocktail? Lots of questions to answer before hosting a party. This is a lovely cocktail to start your dinner party with. Zesty tequila espresso margarita is a perfect mixture of alcohol, caffeine and citrus to awaken your palette before dinner.
Some canapes that would go well with a tequila margarita would be Blini’s with Smoked Salmon and Fillet Steak and Chimichurri Sauce. The citrus in the lime enhances the flavor of both fish and meat. Also, salmon can be cured in tequila and steak can be marinated with it. So the flavor profiles match wonderfully. It’s a good idea to always try to match some of the ingredients to the cocktails, just like you would with wine.
Tips for the Perfect Tequila Espresso Margarita
- Try to use the best tequila that you can afford. Silver and white tequilas are usually the best for margaritas.
- Your zesty tequila espresso margarita needs to be measured carefully. If you tend to prefer one ingredient more than the other then experiment with the flavors. Try a little bit more coffee or a little bit more tequila depending on your preferences.
- Make sure you shake your ingredients to mix the flavors properly. Stirring the drink won’t work as well. Also, it creates tiny bubbles that give the cocktail an appealing appearance of being frothy on top.
Zesty Tequila Espresso Margarita
- 120 ml Espresso Coffee freshly brewed
- 45 ml Silver or Blanco Tequila
- 15 ml Honey
- 15 ml Lime Juice
- Slice of Lime
- Sea Salt
- Crushed Ice and Ice Cubes
- Put some crushed ice in the glass to make it cold.
- Add the Tequila, coffee, lime juice and honey into a shaker or a clean jar. Shake/mix well.
- Throw out the ice from the glass and rub a lime around the rim.
- Put salt on a plate and dip the rim of the glass into it.
- Fill the glass with some ice cubes.
- Pour the mixture over the fresh ice and serve.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.